These terms and conditions are provided by John P Hopkins & Sons Ltd (referred to as Hopkins Toymaster, 'us', 'our' or 'we' in these terms) and set out the terms and conditions under which you may use our website. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept the terms and conditions, then you may not use the website.
These terms and conditions may be revised at any time by us updating the website. Changes to these terms and conditions will be effective immediately when they are posted on the website. We reserve the right to close the website at any time, and to amend or correct any website content, with or without prior notice.
We work hard to provide the best service and ensure our systems display 100% up-to-date information. However, in some exceptional circumstances, the system may show stock as available that may no longer be available when you arrive at the store. On popular items and at peak times. Hopkins Toymaster cannot be held responsible for any loss or cost arising where an item is unavailable. Usually everything displayed on our site as In Stock is present and available for immediate dispatch. In the unlikely event that any ordered goods are not readily available to us, we reserve the right to cancel your order. You will receive an email notification of any order cancellation as a result of stock out confirming that any pre-authorisation has been released or payment refunded as relevant in line with our Payment Terms, To the extent that the out of stock item forms part of a larger order, all other goods ordered by the customer will be dispatched in the normal way.
We endeavour to present the most recent, most accurate and most reliable information at all times. However, there may be occasions when some of the information featured may contain incomplete data, typographical errors or other inaccuracies. We try to ensure that all pricing is accurate but occasionally an error may occur and goods may be incorrectly priced. Any errors are wholly unintentional and we apologies if erroneous information is reflected in the price or availability.
We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price. We present our content "as is" and make no claims to its accuracy, either expressed or implied. We reserve the right to amend errors or to update product information at any time without prior notice.
We have made every effort to display the products featured as accurately as possible. However, the colours we use, as well as the display and colour capabilities of the equipment you use to view our website, may affect the colours you actually see on the screen. We cannot guarantee that your equipment's display of any colour, texture or detail of products will be accurate/the same as the actual product.
Full name of legal entity: John P Hopkins & Sons Ltd.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Hopkins Toymaster, Main Street, Wicklow Town, Co. Wicklow, A67FA46
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country where you work or live or where you believe your legal rights have been infringed. The Data Protection Commissioner is the Irish supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.dataprotection.ie). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the relevant regulator, so please contact us in the first instance.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use and store different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
CLICK & COLLECT:
Place your order online and choose the FREE in store collection option!
Processing times for all 'Click & Collect' orders will vary depending on the time your order is placed and the products ordered. We ask that you PLEASE wait for email confirmation that your order is ready for collection. This will help to ensure your order is processed and available for collection.
Please check collection service times ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
Click & Collect orders will only be released under the following strict conditions;
- Name the order was purchased under
- The Email Receipt confirming the order
An important note about 'Same Day Processing'
Same day processing is NOT same day delivery, standard delivery times will still apply. All items ordered must be in stock and available to be shipped from our store. Same day processing excludes public holidays, promotional days and events that attract an unusually high number of orders over a short period of time i.e. percentage off sales or free shipping promotions.
SHIPPING OPTIONS, EXCLUSIONS & CONDITIONS:
- We are delighted to offer a number of different shipping and delivery options to cater to our customers' requirements. We try to offer the best and most competitive shipping rates and any charges are only covering the cost of shipping as incurred by us from our third party delivery service providers
- *Flat rate shipping may exclude certain bulky items including, but not limited to: sand, sand & water tables, large outdoor toys. Excluded products will be highlighted in your shopping cart and on product pages.
- Deliveries will be shipped via a carrier of our choosing, currently FastWay Couriers and can only be extended to areas reachable through these carriers which may exclude extremely remote locations.
- Please ensure suitable provisions are in place to handle your delivery when it arrives. Our freight costs do not cover instances whereby the driver cannot complete delivery due to unforeseen problems preventing delivery.
- Delivery services not available on public holidays.
- Please note we do not offer international shipping or shipping to Northern Ireland
Authority to Leave (ATL): Although we do not recommend leaving orders unattended when not home to accept delivery, deliveries are currently completed under ATL by way of Covid-19 protocols and a notification of completion of delivery cannot be implemented.
Due to the implementation of contactless deliveries and ATL by our courier as a result of Covid-19, we will NOT be able to offer any further assistance if your order is damaged, lost or subsequently goes missing after it has been deemed delivered by the carrier. The associated risk in leaving parcels unattended is borne by the customer.
Notification of such failures must be made within 7 working days from last day of expected delivery. Please allow 3-5 working days from date of notifying us to allow us to investigate with the courier. If a refund is applied and the goods are later located then we reserve the right to place a debit for these goods unless you return them to us. Failure to raise a initial query within this timeframe may result in failure to investigate with our couriers and redress may not be offered.
It is our objective to achieve on time delivery on all orders. We monitor our delivery partners and our experience is that delivery is successful within the chosen delivery time period in 99% of cases.
We use a number of third party courier service providers and on occasion human error may cause a package to be misdirected. Once despatched, the on time delivery of a package is the responsibility of the relevant courier company and John P Hopkins & Sons Ltd. cannot be held responsible for a package not reaching its destination on time.
In order to avoid disappointment, we suggest that customers place orders well in advance of parties and Christmas to allow for any unforeseen delays.
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
Goods returned for refund, exchange or credit are subject to the following criteria:
CHANGE OF MIND:
If you change your mind, you can return any product purchased from us within 14 days of the date of purchase for a refund, exchange, or store credit of equivalent value. Change of mind returns must be in new and saleable condition, accompanied with proof of purchase (sales receipt) and original packaging.
We are committed to honouring our obligations under Irish Consumer Law. This means you can choose a refund or replacement if a product has a major problem. This is where the product:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it;
- Is not of acceptable quality or unsafe;
- Is not fit for purpose;
- Is significantly different from the sample or description;
- Doesn’t do what we said it would, or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop in value.
If the problem is not major, we will at our discretion give you a refund or replacement or repair the item within a reasonable time.
Please keep your proof of purchase (e.g. your receipt).
We may need to return a product to the manufacturer to have a product assessed to determine the nature of the problem. There may be delays between 1-4 weeks when seeking assistance from suppliers or manufacturers.
I HAVE RECEIVED A FAULTY ITEM, WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
You can return the product to us or you can contact the manufacturer directly. Should the manufacturer be unable to assist please email us outlining the issue or fault via our contact page so we can investigate further. Should we ask you to return a product it is important to follow the return packing instructions detailed below.
RETURNING IN STORE:
Returning in store should be very straightforward, we do ask however that you please provide your proof of purchase (e.g. your receipt). Failure to provide evidence of purchase may result in our refusal to accept your return.
POSTING YOUR RETURNS:
- Package the item(s) for return: You will need to repack the product well enough for shipping and well enough to prevent further damage. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during return transit due to inadequate protection. Any physical damage caused may also void any existing warranty coverage on the product.
- What to include with the return: Along with the faulty goods please include a copy of your receipt (not the original) and a fault description with sufficient details to highlight any suspected faults. Please be sure to also include your personal contact information in case these details have changed since the time of your purchase.
- Addressing and Labelling: Clearly mark your Online Order Number (e.g. #123456789 our example) on the outside of the packaging along with our return delivery address (see below). This will ensure your return is handled by the correct department and will avoid possible delays. Failure to label the return correctly could result in the parcel not being accepted by our staff.
FREIGHT CHARGES FOR RETURNS:
All goods returned to us will be at your expense unless you are entitled to return the goods at law. In these rare circumstances we can offer you a credit or refund to cover the costs associated with having to return the item(s). This credit/refund will not exceed our standard shipping fee for the item(s) needing to be returned and can only be paid once items have been received by our staff. Any additional packaging, express postage costs etc will not be covered by Hopkins Toymaster.
You may lodge an enquiry via email to find out the current status of your warranty claim, this email should include your online order number. A member of our staff will then contact you to advise how your claim is progressing. A courtesy email will be sent once your goods have been returned from the supplier and are ready to be re-dispatched.
ORDER CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
Order cancellations are instantaneous via telephone providing contact is made with our online sales department on 0404-67225. If making a cancellation request via email you must allow 48 hours (excluding non working days i.e. weekends and public holidays) for the email to be processed and the order cancelled. Goods already shipped before a cancellation request is processed (within 48 hours for email or before telephone advice) can be recalled/returned, however delivery/courier charges cannot be refunded.